The Law Office of Melanie Hagopian is a general practice law firm located in Arlington Center, MA focusing on real estate transactions, estate planning, and consumer protection. We respond to your calls and emails within 24 hours and take pride in the fact that our clients return to us for other transactions and refer their friends, family and business associates.
Melanie Hagopian, Esq.
Melanie Hagopian is an expert in real estate transactions and title issues. Her practice includes representation of owners, buyers, sellers, and lenders in residential and commercial transactions. She has significant experience representing public authorities in land acquisition, management, and development including due diligence, Purchase and Sale Agreements, Easement Agreements, License and Leasing Agreements, and Special Use Permits. She represents developers in a variety of transactions, from property identification and due diligence to financing and resolution of title complex issues.
Ms. Hagopian also provides estate planning services. She works with clients to create plans that ensure that their financial legacy is preserved according to their wishes and that their choices for medical and end-of-life care are documented.
Ms. Hagopian is experienced in consumer protection matters with a special focus on unfair and deceptive acts or practices in the business of insurance. She has represented clients in matters involving many types of insurance including disability insurance and title insurance.
Ms. Hagopian is an Instructor at Boston University where she has taught commercial and residential real estate and environmental law to paralegals and real estate professionals for over a decade.
Ms. Hagopian is a member of the Land Court Access to Justice Working Group with Karen F. Scheier, Justice in the Land Court, as part of the Access to Justice Initiative. She also serves on the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Real Estate Council where she has orchestrated and moderated MBA Seminars: “Understanding Title Examinations and the Anatomy of Title Commitments and Policies” and “Understanding Chapter 91”.
- Represent consumers in matters involving unfair and deceptive acts in the business of insurance
- Represent homeowners in a consumer protection action against a developer
- Represent neighbors in a boundary dispute
- Represent LLC in acquisition, permitting and subdivision of former golf course
- Represent commercial tenants in the negotiation of office and facility leases
- Represent Commonwealth of Massachusetts in acquisition of ocean front property in Edgartown, MA through Eminent Domain and permitting of ordinance removal, beach and dune restoration and in land acquisition, permitting, public bidding and development of Turner’s Falls Heritage State Park, Turner’s Falls, MA
- Suffolk University School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- University of New Hampshire, Bachelor of Arts (BA), cum laude
- Massachusetts, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, First Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Supreme Court